Proof of Identity & National Insurance Number.
You will have to prove your identity by providing proof of your National Insurance Number(s) for both you and your partner. An original document with the National Insurance number on it must be provided. Examples of acceptable proof are listed below:
- Printed (not hand-written) payslips
- Income Tax letter
- Notification letter from the Department of Work and Pensions
- National Insurance number card
- Notification letter from Jobcentre Plus.
You must provide TWO different original documents from the following categories to prove your identity:
- Current valid Passport
- National identity card issued by a European Economic Area Member state.
- Home Office Standard Acknowledgement Letter (SAL 1 or 2)
- Full driving licence
- UK Resident Permit
- Marriage certificate
- Utility bill - paid in your name for the last quarter
- Local authority rent card or Council Tax bill
- Divorce or annulment papers
- Certificate of employment in HM Forces
- Certificate of employment in the Merchant Navy
- Printed wage slips from current employer
- Certificate of employment under the Crown
- Full or short birth certificates
- Life assurance or insurance policies
- Child Benefit book or notification letter
- Bank statements dated within the last four weeks
- Letter from a Solicitor, Social Worker or Probation Officer
- Medical Card
Only original documents can be accepted to support your claim; photocopies are not acceptable. These documents are considered valuable and customers should take care when submitting them. Once your documents have been checked, verified and copied they will be returned to you the same day. If a customer brings original documents to the reception desk, they will be photocopied and returned while they wait. The member of staff who copies your documents will sign the copies to say that an authorised officer has seen the original documents.