Proof of Income, Bank Accounts, Savings & Capital

You will have to provide proof of all your income and savings/capital as well as your identity.

If you and/or your partner get Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance (Income-Based) or Guarantee element of Pension Credit, we may already have evidence of this. If not, we are usually able to get proof directly from the Department of Work and Pensions.

If you and/or your partner get a private pension, we will need to see your latest advice slip from the company or organisation that pays your pension, even if it is paid directly into your bank account.

If you and/or your partner receive maintenance for yourself and/or your children, you must provide proof of this.  If you are supplying a letter from the person who pays the maintenance, it must show their name and address, the names of the adult and/or children for whom the payments are intended, the method of payment e.g. cash, cheque, standing order to a bank account, how often the payments are made, and the amounts of the payments. If payment is made direct to a child, proof of this must be supplied.

If you and/or your partner are a student, we will need to see the whole of your current Student Loan letter and proof of your term dates for the current academic year.

If you and/or your partner have any savings/capital, including current accounts, you must supply full bank/building society statements for the last 2 months, your passbook showing all transactions during the last 2 months, up-to-date statements showing the current value of any Tessa, ISA, PEP, Savings Bond or Income Bond, National Savings Certificates, Premium Bonds and Share Certificates showing the number of any shares held. If you have cash savings, you must declare the full amount on the application form. Please make sure that all passbooks have been brought up-to-date within the last month. We are not able to accept mini-statements or slips from a cashpoint machine showing the balance of the account.

If you own, or part-own, any property other than the property which is your current home, you must enter full details on the application form. We will then contact you for more information about this.

If you have any other type of income, capital or savings not listed above, you must provide up-to-date proof.