2020/21 Wage Subsidy Programme
Funded by Inverclyde Council, local employers can claim for 50% of the actual hourly pay rate, payable to a maximum of £6,500 or 52 weeks, whichever comes first, when they employ an Inverclyde resident. Jobs must be for a 52 week period or more, be in addition to the existing workforce and must not replace a redundant post. Applications must be made at least one week prior to the anticipated start date of employment in order for assessment to be undertaken and notification of the outcome issued to the employer.
Full details of the Programme, including eligibility requirements, are shown on the information sheet available from this page.
1. Inverclyde Council's Wage Subsidy cannot be used for jobs funded by UK Kickstart Scheme.
2. The Wage Subsidy will not be paid during periods that staff are funded by the UK Coronavirus Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme.
How to Apply
1. Employers should send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting a Wage Subsidy Employer Application form. In the e-mail, please give brief details of the post(s) you are recruiting, ie Post Title, Hours Per Week, Hourly Rate, Permanent or Fixed Term Contract, Anticipated Employment Start Date.
2. On receipt of the above, we will issue an Employer Application form for completion and return. We aim to respond within 3 working days to advise if the post(s) are approved for a wage subsidy. We will also provide the Candidate Application form at this stage.
3. Once you have identified a suitable candidate, please complete the Candidate Application and submit it, along with the evidence documentation (as described in the Information Sheet) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond within 3 working days.
4. A formal Offer of Grant will be issued once all candidate evidence paperwork has been provided.
Please note, approval of a Wage Subsidy is at the sole discretion of the Council. With a limited number of subsidies available, no guarantee is given that an employer application will be approved, however we will aim to get a decision to you within 3 working days of submission of the required paperwork.
No hardcopy applications are being accepted at this time, all submissions must be emailed.
Any enquiries regarding the Wage Subsidy Programme, and/or any Application documentation, must be submitted directly to the by the Employer and not via a third party.