PE Lead Officer
Inverclyde Council has committed to the Scottish Government target of 2 hours in primary and 2 periods in secondary schools of quality Physical Education for every child, every week from P1-S4.
My role is to support schools with achieving this target.
I aim to do this by:
- Identifying and supporting schools to make use of local alternative facilities for schools that require more PE space.
- Creating an early years/primary PE framework that will support the delivery of 'quality PE'
- Providing career long professional development opportunities to support delivery of PE
- To support the sharing of good practise between secondary schools and their feeder primary schools
- Work with partners including the Active Schools & Sports Development Team and Education Scotland to develop Physical Education, Physical Activity and Sport (PEPAS).
If you have any questions or queries regarding Physical Education please contact me.
Page last updated: 4 July 2016