PE Lead Officer
Inverclyde Council has committed to the Scottish Government target of 2 hours in primary and 2 periods in secondary schools of quality Physical Education for every child, every week from P1-S4.
My role is to support schools with achieving this target.
I aim to do this by:
- Identifying and supporting schools to make use of local alternative facilities for schools that require more PE space.
- Creating an early years/primary PE framework that will support the delivery of 'quality PE'
- Providing career long professional development opportunities to support delivery of PE
- To support the sharing of good practise between secondary schools and their feeder primary schools
- Work with partners including the Active Schools & Sports Development Team and Education Scotland to develop Physical Education, Physical Activity and Sport (PEPAS).
If you have any questions or queries regarding Physical Education please contact me.