The remit focuses around supporting and developing tennis in schools, pathways into clubs and coach development.
The programme this year consists of:
- Targeting local primary schools to provide extra-curricular taster sessions and after school clubs.
- Organise participation festivals to develop the pathway from school to club tennis.
- Supporting coach education by providing coach mentor for local coaches to gain experience by leading open days at local clubs.
- Organised primary teacher training courses for schools throughout Inverclyde and through the Tennis Foundation providing each school with tennis equipment and interactive lesson plans.
- Supporting Tennis Inverclyde’s Summer and Easter holiday camps.
For further information contact active schools sports development team using the details on the Contacts section of this page.