Active Schools / Sports Development in partnership with Tennis Inverclyde and the 3 local tennis clubs (Fort Matilda, Ardgowan and Kilmacolm Tennis Clubs) have come together to develop and promote tennis throughout the area.
The remit focuses around supporting and developing tennis in schools, pathways into clubs and coach development.
The programme this year consists of:
- Targeting local primary schools to provide extra-curricular taster sessions and after school clubs.
- Organise participation festivals to develop the pathway from school to club tennis.
- Supporting coach education by providing coach mentor for local coaches to gain experience by leading open days at local clubs.
- Organised primary teacher training courses for schools throughout Inverclyde and through the Tennis Foundation providing each school with tennis equipment and interactive lesson plans.
- Supporting Tennis Inverclyde’s Summer and Easter holiday camps.
For further information contact active schools sports development team using the details on the Contacts section of this page.
Page last updated: 14 June 2017