Who is liable for Council Tax?

More information

Manage your Council Tax online



The person who must pay the Council Tax bill is known as the 'liable' person. One person will usually be liable for each property and that person's name will appear on the bill.

Use the menu below to find out more about who is liable, what happens when your circumstances change, and what to do if you live in a HMO.



Back to Top of page