Register of Land and Asset Transfer Requests
A register of land owned or leased by the Inverclyde Council and information on Asset Transfer Requests in terms of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015
Register of Land
In terms of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, the Inverclyde Council is required to publish a register of all land which, to the best of the Council's knowledge and belief, is owned or leased by the Council.
Please note there are certain categories of land which, in terms of the Community Empowerment (Registers of Land) (Scotland) Regulations 2016, the Council is not required to include in this register. For example, the register does not need to include any roads owned by the Council.
If you have any questions about the register or about land or buildings in the ownership or control of the Council, please contact the Property Assets Team on the details shown in the contacts section of this page.
Asset Transfer Requests
The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 also provides a mechanism whereby certain community bodies can make request to certain public authorities, including the Council, for a transfer to them of an interest in land or buildings owned or leased by the Council, which the body feel they could make better use of.
An asset transfer request can be a request for:
- the transfer of outright ownership;
- the granting of a lease; or
- the transfer of other rights.
The Council has prepared a guidance booklet on how to submit an asset transfer request, which will assist you in any application you wish to make and can be downloaded from the documents section of this page. This guidance covers at greater length:
- What is an Asset Transfer Request?
- How to make a formal Asset Transfer Request.
- Who can make an Asset Transfer Request request?
- Procedure on Receipt of an Asset Transfer Request.
- Review and Appeal.
A formal asset transfer request should be sent in writing to the Property Asset Manager, whose details are in the Contacts section of this page. The Council has provided a style of asset transfer request form in the downloads section of this page. A request does not need to be on this form, but as the request must meet the various requirements of the legislation, use of this form is likely to make the process quicker.
The Scottish Government also produced guidance and model forms which you may also find of assistance. This can be viewed by following the link shown in the links section of this page.
Asset Transfer Report
The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 also requires the Council to publish an annual Asset Transfer Report, in which the Council must set out for that year:
- the number of asset transfer requests received;
- the number of asset transfer requests decided upon;
- the number of asset transfer requests that have resulted in transfer, lease or grant of rights;
- the number of decided appeals or reviews in relation to such requests; and
- any action it has taken to promote the use of asset transfer requests or to support a community transfer body in the making of such a request.
The Council's Asset Transfer Report for 2017 to 2018 can be downloaded from the documents section of this page.
Page last updated: 31 July 2018