Small Business Ventilation Fund
Business will be able to claim back the costs of buying some small items and carrying out repairs to improve natural ventilation from the fund. These awards will be limited to £2,500 per premises for the installation of monitoring and adaptive devices, improvements to natural ventilation and other small enhancements.
The fund will open to applications at 15:00 on Tuesday, 23 November 2021.
The SME Ventilation Fund is a Scottish Government fund administered by local authorities. Businesses are invited to undertake a self-assessment of the ventilation within their premises to identify any improvements that could be made and what costs may be claimed back through this fund. This will be available from FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot
In order to be considered for this funding businesses must meet the eligibility criteria. Eligible sectors that may be able to claim funding for eligible costs to improve their ventilation are detailed below. It is for a local authority to determine if a business meets the description and further information may be requested by them, where necessary, to determine eligibility of applications.
Sectors: (these are subject to review throughout the lifetime of the fund)
- close contact services*
- comedy clubs
- community, function and multi-purpose event venues (including wedding venues)
- indoor bowling alleys
- indoor football centres
- indoor gyms
- indoor soft play/role centre
- laser tag and escape rooms
- leisure centres
- licensed bingo clubs
- licensed sport and social clubs
- music and event venues
- pool and snooker clubs
- public houses
- restaurants and licensed cafes
- swimming pools
- yoga/dance/exercise studios
* Examples of close contact services
- hairdressing and barber services
- beauty and nail services (including make-up services)
- hair removal services
- tattoo, piercing and body modification services
- fashion design, dress-fitting and tailoring services
- indoor portrait photography and art services
- massage therapies
- complementary and alternative medicine services requiring physical contact or close physical proximity between persons, but not osteopathy and chiropractic services
- spa and wellness services
- other services or procedures which require physical contact or close physical proximity between a provider and a customer and are not ancillary to medical, health or social care services
All businesses who wish to apply to the SME Ventilation fund will be required to complete a self-assessment of the ventilation of their premises to provide proof of need prior to confirming any eligibility to the fund or carrying out works. Completion of this will form part of the application process.
To apply for funding businesses must complete the Scottish Goverment's online self-assessment form. The form is hosted on an approved website that we are using to support applications.