Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund
SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TAXI AND PRIVATE HIRE DRIVER SUPPORT FUND
If you have received a letter from the Council advising that you are eligible to apply to this Fund, please submit your application by 28th February 2021.
20.2.21 – Please do not phone or e-mail the Council regarding the status of your Taxi Driver/Private Hire Driver Support application, as this significantly delays our ability to process applications and progress to payments. Please be assured if you have submitted your application we will contact you by e-mail if we require any further information from you. We will also contact you by e-mail when we are in the position of being able to make a payment to you. Thank you for your patience.
Eligibility Criteria and Supporting Documentation
To access this grant award, applicants are required to be licensed for the period 9 October 2020 to at least 31 January 2021; this excludes all drivers whose licenses were suspended on or before 31 December 2020 and where that suspension remains current.
The applicant must confirm that:
- Up to 31st December 2020, they have experienced a loss of income as a taxi or private hire driver (50% of your turnover, compared with 2019) and incurred overhead costs and expenses.
- They have been working or available for work as a taxi/private hire car driver between 9 October 2020 to at least 31 January 2021.
- They have not breached any wider COVID-19 regulations or requirements prior to local restrictions (for example received a fixed penalty notice).
- They have not applied to any other local authority for this grant.
- They are not connected to a tax haven as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Act 2020.
Applicants must provide the following information to support their claim:
A fully completed Application Form AND
A complete page of your bank statement dated within the last 3 months. The page must be legible and clearly show all details of the Statement, including transactions, the name of the bank, the Account Holder's Name, Account Number, Sort Code.
To request an application form please e-mail stating your full name, address including postcode to: regenerationCOVIDgrants@inverclyde.gov.uk . The form will be e-mailed to you. No hardcopy forms can be issued/received.
Once you have completed the application form please e-mail it, along with your bank statement, to: regenerationCOVIDgrants@inverclyde.gov.uk .