Youth Employment Activity Plan - YEAP
Aims to help local young people fulfil their potential by developing skills for life, learning and work.
The aim of the Youth Employment Action Plan is to help all our young people to fulfil their potential by developing the essential skills for life, learning and work, thereby improving outcomes for learners and employers alike. This will be achieved by:
- Identifying the nature of youth unemployment locally including particular concentrations or hotspots. (Community profile)
- Identifying labour market activity, trends and projections, together with the skills young people require to access and sustain employment opportunities.
- Mapping and evaluating youth learning and employability provision against the strategic skills and employability pipeline stages 1-5.
- Broadening our understanding of the barriers facing young people and ensuring access to appropriate provision for those requiring additional support.
- Highlighting gaps and agreeing specific actions to refocus provision according to need, as part of the wider Inverclyde Employability Strategy.
- Monitoring progress and adjusting actions to reflect the ongoing needs and aspirations of young people, in line with emerging local labour market trends.
There 5 Stages to a YEAP. These are:
Stage 1: Referral, Engagement and Assessment Status: Not Job Ready
Stage 2: Barrier Removal Status: Not Job Ready
Stage 3: Vocational Activity Status: Job Ready
Stage 4: Employer Engagement and Job Matching Status: Job Ready
Stage 5: In Work Support and Aftercare Status: In Work
Page last updated: 27 July 2017