Clothing grant and free school meal 2017 / 2018
Your child(ren) are entitled to free school meals and a clothing grant if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS);
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA);
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and where income is less than £16,105 (in 2017/18) as assessed by the Inland Revenue;
- An asylum seeker receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA);
- Parent or Carer is in receipt of maximum Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an income under £6,420;
- Universal Credit - where your maximum monthly income from employment does not exceed £610, as shown on your monthly Universal Credit statement.
- Only one application form should be completed per family
- If a pupil is over the school leaving age, the application will be processed when it is confirmed that the pupil has returned to school
- You can download a form by clicking on the link on this page;
- You can collect a form from your child(ren) school;
- You can collect a form from Inverclyde Council, Customer Service Centre;
- If you recieved a school clothing grant and free school meal last term then an application form will be posted to your home address.
If you are in receipt of
- Income Support,
- Job Seekers Allowance,
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income related),
collect your freepost envelope for your application form to be processed from - Job Centre in Greenock or Customer Services Centre at Municipal Buildings, Clyde Square Greenock or Princes Street House, Port Glasgow. (Please allow up to 21 days for your application to be processed.)
The completed form should be returned to Inverclyde Council, Customer Service Centre
The Clothing Grant will be paid directly into your bank account. Please Note The council can no longer issue cheques.
Please allow 21 days for your application to be processed.
If you delay making your application until August, you may not receive your grant in time for the start of the new school session.
Each year the Council decides how much the grant will be. This year the grant will be £90.00 per child.
You should immediately notify Education Services at the address/telephone number under Contacts on this page.
Page last updated: 27 July 2017