Landlord registration

All private landlords letting residential property in Scotland must register in the register of landlords.

The registration scheme is to ensure that all private landlords in Scotland are `fit and proper` to be letting residential property.  This will protect tenants and their neighbours from the impact of antisocial behaviour and mismanaged property.

If you are a landlord and you fail to register before you let or advertise for let residential property, or before you have submitted a valid applicaiton for registration, you are commiting an offence.  This is a legal requirement of the Antisocial Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004.

Good landlords have nothing to fear from registration.  Registration will help local authorities to remove disreputable landlords from the market.  This will remove the unfair competition of landlords who provide poor housing or inadequate management.

You can register online at the landlord registration web site or by contacting us.  Application forms are also available, however no on-line discount will apply where application forms are submitted.




Page last updated: 16 January 2017