Consultation on Proposed Lease of Land at Papermill Road, Greenock
The Council proposes to dispose of land at Papermill Road, Overton, Greenock (extending to 1.34 Hectares or thereby – the Property) by the grant of a lease to Permallot, a Community Group who have expressed an interest in the Property, in the terms detailed below.
The proposed lease terms are:
- the start date has yet to be agreed;
- the length of the lease has yet to be agreed, however a lease of between 5 and 25 years is anticipated;
- the Property will be used to develop organic allotments within a permaculture setting together with classes for educational and community purposes;
- for a discounted rent; and
- on normal commercial full repairing and insuring terms.
A plan showing the Property is available for download from the documents section of this page, or can be requested from the Council's Property team on the details shown in the contacts section of this page.
Pemallot have provided the Council with a business plan on their proposals for use of this Site (and others). The information in the following paragraphs has been taken from that business plan and details what they intent to do with the Site. A downloadable verison of the following is available from the documents section of this page.