Housing Benefit Information

You can claim Housing Benefit from Inverclyde Council to help with your rent if:

  • you live in Temporary or Supported Accommodation; or
  • you (and your partner, if you have one) are Pension Age

If you wish to apply for help towards your Housing Costs, and the categories above do not apply to you (or your partner, if you have one) you must claim Universal Credit. You can do so by following the link to the Department for Work and Pension’s (DWP) website – this can be found within the External Links section of this page.

Most of the existing Housing Benefit claims will eventually be closed, requiring the affected claimants to apply for help with their Housing Costs through Universal Credit. This process is called Managed Migration.

If you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and are affected by the Managed Migration process, DWP will invite you to claim Universal Credit in due course.