Community Care Grants
Community Care Grants can be provided to help establish or maintain a settled home, or to support individuals facing exceptional pressures.
Applications can be made for essential items such as furniture and household equipment.
You may be eligible to receive a grant if you meet one or more of the qualifying criteria:
- to enable qualifying individuals who are leaving care or imprisonment to establish or maintain a settled home, where without a grant there is a risk that the individual will not be able to do so;
- to enable qualifying individuals to maintain a settled home in the community, where without a grant there is a risk of the individual needing to go into a care institution;
- to enable qualifying individuals to establish or maintain a settled home after being homeless, or otherwise living an unsettled way of life;
- to enable qualifying individuals to maintain a settled home in a situation where that individual, or another individual in the same household, is facing exceptional pressure.
- to assist a person to care for a qualifying individual who has been released from prison or a young offenders’ institution on temporary release.
Applicants must be 16 or over, in receipt of a low income and not have access to any other appropriate source of financial support.