What is it?
The Glasgow City Region City Deal is an agreement between the UK Government, the Scottish Government and eight Scottish councils, Including Inverclyde, across Glasgow and the Clyde Valley.
The partnership of eight neighbouring Local Authorities has secured £1.13 billion, the largest City Deal in the UK, which will focus improvement in the Glasgow and the Clyde Valley across 26 projects.
The Glasgow City Region City Deal will bring thousands of new jobs to Glasgow and the city region.
The project will:
- support thousands of unemployed people back into work,
- greatly improve our local transport network (in terms of roads and public transport),
- deliver key regeneration and development projects,
- encourage private sector investment into the area and
- ultimately provide an enormous boost to the city region's economy
Glasgow City Region City Deal Partners
The eight local authorities participating in Glasgow City Region City Deal are:
- East Dunbartonshire Council
- East Renfrewshire Council
- Glasgow City Council
- Inverclyde Council
- North Lanarkshire Council
- Renfrewshire Council
- South Lanarkshire Council and
- West Dunbartonshire Council
The deal was formally approved by government in August 2014.
Inverclyde City Deal Projects
Inverclyde has three City Deal projects:
- Greenock Ocean Terminal
Page last updated: 8 August 2017