How to do business with Inverclyde Council
The first step in supplying to Inverclyde Council, and the wider Scottish public sector, is to register with the Public Contracts Scotland and Public Contract Scotland Tender websites.
How to register and bid
- Register your details on Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) and Public Contract Scotland Tender (PCS-T) - the council uses these website as a main reference point when conducting market research. Please note accounts with PCS and PCS-T can be linked.
- Monitor Public Contracts Scotland and Tenders Electronic Daily (TED) regularly for any relevant tender opportunities. (Public Contracts Scotland is also available as an iPhone app, and can be viewed on YouTube, flickr, and followed on twitter. Links to these are available on the Public Contracts Scotland home page).
- To register your interest for participating in any tender opportunity, follow the instruction in the PCS or TED advertisement.
- You will then be able to download/access the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (restricted tenders only) or tender documents through PCS or PCS-T.
To make sure your bid is considered, you must:
- provide all the information requested
- answer all questions accurately
- provide a response in the requested format
- return the documentation by the specified closing date.
Returned tenders will be assessed against the evaluation criteria. Evaluation will focus on how the tenderer proposes to deliver the service or goods in relation to cost, service and quality. The balance between quality and price will be determined by the service or goods to be procured. In most cases, council contracts will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous offer received.
Suppliers can also reference Supplier Development Programme website (www.sdpscotland.co.uk) , this is a local authority partnership established to offer small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) the opportunity to grow and diversify through procurement.