Watt Library

More information

The Watt Library opened at its current site in 1837 (originally called The Watt Monument Library) and was the direct descendant of the Greenock Library, a subscription library founded in 1783. It closed as a subscription library in 1971 and re-opened as a public library in 1973 specialising in Local History and Archives. The building was designed in the Gothic revival style by architect Sir Edward Blore and is a listed building.

Watt Library view
The Watt Library

 

Back to Top of page