Athletics Development in Inverclyde
Do you want to run faster, jump higher, throw further or just have fun?
The sport of athletics encompasses Track and Field, Cross-country, Road and Hill Running. Within Inverclyde there are two local clubs promoting different aspects of athletics.
Inverclyde Active Schools Sports Development Team have a remit to promote the sport of athletics throughout Inverclyde and works closely with Inverclyde Leisure, Education Department and local clubs in trying to develop and promote the sport of athletics through, Track and Field, Cross Country Running and Road Running activities.
The team are involved with the following programmes:
• Providing competition opportunities
• Coach education workshops and seminars
• Regional development programmes
• Promoting best practice among local clubs
• Club support and development activities
• Promoting Scottish Athletics Clubmark programme
Inverclyde Schools Athletics (ISA) is a scheme set up through the Education Department to provide participation opportunities in athletic activities for local children and young people. ISA is responsible for the following programmes:
Run, Jump, Throw clubs (mini’s and Friday Club)
• Cross Country challenge races
• Endurance Development Camps
• Coach Development Workshops and support
Secondary Inter-School competitions
Indoor Heptathlon S1/2
T&F Championships S1-3
For details of local club athletics please use links on the bottom left of this page.
For further info on athletics please contact Gillian Hughes or Paul McGivern on the Related Links section of this page.
Page last updated: 22 May 2015