Sport Inverclyde is the local sports council for Inverclyde. It promotes the development of sport by supporting and advising local voluntary sports clubs, promoting joint work between member clubs and organisations ensuring best practice and standards.
The Sports Council aims to:
- promote and develop interest and participation in sport
- co-ordinate the work of clubs and organisations
- promote/support competitions, championships and social events
- assist clubs, organisations or individuals to arrange courses for the improvement of personal performance or training of coaches/referees
- assist in formation of sports clubs/organisations
- distribute information on local sports clubs, organisations, activities and facilities
- foster sports for people with special needs by promoting equality of opportunity
Sports Council Affiliation
Sports clubs and organisations can affiliate to the Sports Council for a period of a year for £30 (eligible for grant aid funding).
Only voluntary run sports clubs with a sport specific focus and involvement in sports participation and competition are eligible for grant aid. However, all other sports-minded organisations are welcome to affiliate so they can benefit from updates and training and forge links with the sporting community.
Benefits of Affiliation
The Sports Council supports clubs with a range of opportunities and initiatives including:
- grant funding
- external funding opportunities
- training for club volunteers
- coach education courses and development
- support to develop/implement policies and procedures
- child protection guidelines
- representation at national forums
- newsletters and other updates
Secretary: Anne Clark
Page last updated: 28 May 2015