Civic Receptions and Hospitality

How to apply for civic recognition

More information

Applications for Civic Hospitality

If you would like to recognise a major anniversary or celebration, you can apply for civic receptions to the Provost's office.

Civic receptions are hosted by the Provost to celebrate major anniversaries (50,100,150, 200 or 300 years) of organisations. Civic hospitality will also be provided to recognise organisations or individuals who have contributed to the wellbeing of the Inverclyde area, or to mark special achievements or events.

The hospitality can range from small buffets and presentations to formal dinners depending on the nature of the occasion and the number of participants. Receptions will be held on Council premises and the number of invited guests will be restricted, having regard to cost and the type of hospitality being offered. Hospitality will comprise food and drink as deemed appropriate.

Applications for civic hospitality require to be submitted as soon as possible, and no later than 3 months prior to any proposed date.  Please note, requests for civic recognition will be considered in accordance with the resources available to any given financial year.  Please also note, it may be that not every application will be successful.

You can download an application form and guidance notes by clicking on the link on this page. Alternatively, you can contact the Provost’s Office on 01475 712727, or e-mail

Back to Top of page