Equality Impact Assessments 2020
Our policies need to reflect equality and diversity in our community recognising that different people have different needs.
Equality Impact Assessments:
- help the Council to promote equality of opportunity and good relations between groups
- ensure the Council combats direct and indirect discrimination
- enable the Council to mainstream the principles of equality and diversity into its everyday work
- increase confidence in the Council's services
- promote the development of customer-led services
- encourage greater openness about decision-making
- improve the overall work of the Council by ensuring policies are planned and researched.
The Equality Impact Assessment process focuses on people in our community who are at risk from discrimination and social exclusion. Some people in Protected Characteristic groups may be at particular risk from discrimination and social exclusion.
Click on the links to see Equality Impact Assessments from 2020.