Appeals - Valuation

If you have bought or moved into a business property and you do not agree with your rateable value, you can appeal within six months of buying or moving into the property. If the Assessor alters the Valuation Roll by making a new entry or changing the value you must make your appeal within six months of the date of the valuation notice. You must continue to pay your rates instalments until the Assessor has considered your appeal.

If you have an enquiry or wish to appeal against the rateable value shown on your bill, please contact Renfrewshire Valuation Joint Board, The Robertson Centre, 16 Glasgow Road, Paisley, PA1 3QF, in writing, by email to, or telephone 0300 300 0150.  For more information about rateable values and appeal rights, log onto the SAA web site under External links on this page.


Appeals – Improper Assessment

You can appeal against your Non-Domestic Rates charge if you believe that the rates levied have been incorrectly calculated or applied. For example:

  • the person named on the bill is not the ratepayer,
  • we have not worked out the rate correctly; or
  • we have not awarded a relief or a reduction.

Appeals must be submitted in writing within 28 days clearly stating the grounds for appeal. 


Revenues and Benefits Manager
Inverclyde Council
Municipal Buildings
Clyde Square
PA15 1LY


You must continue to pay your rates while your appeal is being considered.