Children in Entertainment: performance licence application
A child under school leaving age may need a licence if they take part in certain events.
The person in charge of the event must apply to the child’s local council for a child performance licence. Do this at least 21 days before the event.
Children in entertainment: performance licence application
You may need a child entertainment licence if your production or activity includes children and young people who attend school. Productions and activities include:
You need a licence so we can make sure that the child's learning and wellbeing are protected during the production or activity.
To apply for a licence, download and complete the performance licence application form. Applications must be received at least 21 days before the production takes place. The application form is in two parts as set out below.
Completed forms should be sent to:
- Education Service, Wallace Place, Greenock, Inverclyde, PA15 1JB.
Television, Theatre or Production Company
Part 1 should be filled out by the television, theatre or production company and must include the following documents:
- A copy of the child’s contract
- A copy of the risk assessment
Parent/carer of the child
Part 2 should be filled out by the parent/carer and must include the following:
- the child's birth certificate or other satisfactory evidence of the child's age
- two passport sized photographs of the child, taken during the six months before the application
- authorisation from the Head Teacher - if your child will be absent from school for the performance
The application will be checked and we will send a copy of the licence to the television, theatre or production company and a copy to the parent/carer.
Page last updated: 12 June 2019