There are a number of ways to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate.
- Call into the Registration Office based within the Customer Service Centre at the Municipal Buildings, Greenock where you can pay by cash, cheque or credit/debit card.
- Call the office on 01475 714250 and pay by credit/debit card.
- Use the link opposite to download an Extract Application Form and submit it along with a cheque or postal order to the address on the form.
- The fee for a full certificate requested and paid for outwith one month of the date of registration is £15.00. Subsequent copies of the same certificate are £10.00 if ordered at the same time.
- If a certificate is requested and paid for within one month that the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership was registered, the fee is £10.00.
Certificates are available in all offices throughout Scotland regardless of where the event was originally registered. Events registered in the current or previous year may not be available. Please call the ofice to confirm the availability.
(The issue of Certificates relating to Adoption and Still-birth are strictly controlled and issued only to persons authorised under legislation to request them. Please see sections on Adoption and Still-birth for further advice)
In all instances, the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. The Copy of the Extract can either be posted to your home by second class mail or uplifted the following day (normally after 3.00pm). If requested the extract can be posted 1st class. There is a small additional charge for this service.
For further information, please contact the Registration Service (refer to Contacts section of the page).
The preferred payment method is by debit or credit card. This avoids waiting in the general cash collection area. Cash payments cannot be made on Wednesdays before 11am.
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Thursday 09:00 - 16:30
Friday 09:00 - 15:45
Registration fees can be found via the document link to Registration Fees
Page last updated: 27 August 2019