Graffiti Removal

The responsibility for removing graffiti lies with the property owner.

The Council are responsible for removing graffiti from:

  • Council Property e.g. Council buildings, public parks, Council play areas Note 1
  • Adopted Roads (road surface/footways/structures/street furniture/street bins) Note 2

Note 1 Inverclyde Council no longer has any housing stock (graffiti removal is the responsibility of the owner/landlord)

Note 2 The A8 and A78 are Trunk Roads.  These are the responsibility of the Scottish Executive.  Problems should be reported to their contractor, Scotland Transerv on 0141 218 3800.

If you wish to report graffiti on Council property you can contact the Customer Service Centre using the details available in the Contacts section of this page.

Alternatively you can use the online reporting form or download the Inverclyde Online app, which allows residents and visitors to request services and report a variety of issues to the Council.  The links to both of these are available on the Related Links section of this page.

Information on how Inverclyde Council processes your personal information and guards your privacy is available by following the 'Privacy' link at the bottom of this page.

Follow the "Other Websites" link to view a Google map showing locations of play areas