How can I make a claim for Housing/Council Tax benefit?

You will need to complete an application form. Evidence of your identity, all income, all savings or other capital and your national insurance number must be provided. This information is also required for your partner if you have one. If you are a private tenant (not Council) you will have to produce evidence of your rental agreement. Details of anyone else living with you must be entered on the application form.

It is very important that you continue to pay your rent and council tax whilst you await a decision on your application. If you do not pay and you receive little or no benefit,you may incur arrears.

Related topics:

Page last updated: 28 April 2015