Financial Wellbeing is the way in which an individual manages money daily, creates precautionary savings, finances goals and creates wealth management and financial confidence.
This page promtoes financial opportunities to ensure that employees are aware of existing resources and have access to financial information and support that can allow employees to focus on their financial status to make informed choices that could allow them to save money. All websites are linked on the right hand side of the page.
Scotwest Credit Union
As an Inverclyde employee you have the option of joining the Scotwest Credit Union. Scotwest serves the employees working for public service organisations and colleges of further education within the west of Scotland and their families. It has over 19,000 members, and is now one of the largest credit unions in the UK.
Scotwest offers its members a unique range of savings accounts, loans and other products and benefits. These include:
- Easy savings made by automatic payroll deduction from wages
- Easy access and notice accounts with quarterly dividend payments
- Loans for any amount regardless of savings with decisions based on ability to repay
- Mortgages and other loans secured on property
- Free life savings and loan protection insurance (conditions apply)
For further information, please visit the Scotwest website.
Local Authority employees face many challenges in today’s economic climate. These include poor savings returns, flat-lining house values, longer working life, government legislation and in particular, significant changes to pension schemes.
When you work for a large employer with a full-on career, finding the time to manage your personal finances can be challenging and there is the risk that insufficient priority is given to planning for your retirement. Have you had time to consider the following questions?
- Are your personal affairs set up in the most tax efficient way?
- Do you maximise your ISA allowance?
- Will you work long enough to maximise your pension?
- How much income is required for you to enjoy your retirement?
- How do your pension choices affect you and your membership of the LGPS?
- Have you protected your Pension and Death Benefits for your family?
For almost 20 years Blythswood Associates have been providing no obligation financial advice to local authority employees throughout Scotland. Their familiarity with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), and the Strathclyde Pension Fund in particular, means that they have specific experience which enables them to offer all Council staff a comprehensive service based on your employment circumstances.
Their advice will provide you with a full evaluation and review of all your financial circumstances including savings, loans, pension, estate planning and taxation.
For further information, please visit the Blythswood Associates website.
Money Advice Services
Inverclyde Advice Services is dedicated to helping people who live, work or are receiving treatment in Inverclyde. We specialise in helping people who are struggling with problem debts and require advice and assistance in relation to benefits. Our services are free, confidential and non-judgemental. If you require an appointment or just want to chat with us, either give us a call on 01475 715 365 or speak to us via our online chat service.
Inverclyde Council is pleased to use the services of Kaarp Benefits for Local Authority employees. The scheme is entirely voluntary. There are no hidden membership fees and as an Inverclyde Council employee you are able to take advantage of any of the offers available including:
- Discounted Theme Park entry and Days Out vouchers, for example Alton Towers and Edinburgh Dungeon.
- Special deals on Private Medical Care, Travel Insurance etc.
- Money off Gym Membership & Spa Breaks.
- Deals for shops including Zavvi, Waterstones, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc.
- Fantastic deals with our Travel Club, hotels, car hire and airport parking.
For more information and to view all the offers available, please visit the Kaarp website. Log in details are available on ICON, Inverclyde Councils Intranet.
If you would like further information on the above topics please check ICON, Inverclyde Council's employee intranet, or if you do not have access please call the OD Team on 01475 712760.