Inverclyde general election results
Friday 13 December 2019
Ronnie Cowan - Scottish National Party (SNP) has been elected as the MP for the Inverclyde County Constituency.
Four candidates stood in the UK Parliamentary Election for the Inverclyde constituency.
The candidates and the votes that they each received were:
- Ronnie Cowan - Scottish National Party (SNP) 19,295
- Martin McCluskey - Scottish Labour Party 11,783
- Haroun Malik - Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party 6,265
- Jacci Stoyle - Scottish Liberal Democrats 2,560.
The total number of votes cast was 40,028, with a turnout of 66.03%. The total electorate was 60,622.
Some 125 ballot papers were rejected. On 12 voters had selected more than one candidate. On 113 the papers were either unmarked or the voter’s intentions were unclear.
In June 2017 the election results were:
- Ronnie Cowan Scottish National Party SNP 15,050
- Martin McCluskey Scottish Labour Party 14,666
- David Wilson Scottish Conservative and Unionist 8,399
- David Stevens Scottish Liberal Democrats 978.
The total number of votes cast was 39150, with a turnout of 66.5%.
Page last updated: 13 December 2019