Countdown to Christmas
THE countdown to Christmas is about to get underway with a series of festive lights switch-on events in all of Inverclyde’s towns and villages.
There will be entertainment including music, a visit from Santa Claus and then the big countdown itself on each occasion.
First up is the lights switch-on event in Greenock at Cathcart Square on Thursday 24 November 2022 from 5.30pm quickly followed by Gourock on Friday 25 November with the festivities there starting at 6pm in Kempock Gardens.
It is then the turn of Port Glasgow on Wednesday 30 November from 6pm outside the library.
On Friday 2 December it is over to the villages with Quarriers Village up first from 4pm followed by Inverkip at 5.30pm, Kilmacolm at 6pm and Wemyss Bay at 7pm.
Provost Drew McKenzie said: “The annual lights switch-on events are a wonderful opportunity for families, friends, and our local communities to join together to begin the countdown to Christmas and get into spirit of the season.
“We appreciate occasions such as these now more than ever and I hope to see as many people as possible and of all ages coming along to support the event in their town or village and help spread some festive cheer.”
Full list of Inverclyde lights switch-on events:
- Greenock – Thursday 24 November 2022 from 5.30pm at Cathcart Square
- Gourock – Friday 25 November from 6pm at Kempock Gardens
- Port Glasgow – Wednesday 30 November from 6pm at Port Glasgow Library
- Quarriers Village – Friday 2 December from 4pm at The Gateway Building, Main Street
- Inverkip – Friday 2 December from 5.30pm at Inverkip Hub
- Kilmacolm – Friday 2 December from 6pm at the Cargill Centre
- Wemyss Bay – Friday 2 December from 7pm at Wemyss Bay Community Centre
For more information visit www.discoverinverclyde.com.