Parental Employment Support
In conjunction with Scottish Government funding, Inverclyde Council is pleased to provide our Parental Employment Support (PES) programme, designed to support parents to overcome barriers, increase confidence and improve motivation to take action to gain employment and increase family income.
Are you a parent who is unemployed, or is in work and wanting to improve your existing employment?
We can provide support to help you look at your options to move into work, or to look at other employment opportunities.
- Help you to develop new skills to increase your employment opportunities
- Support you with confidence and motivation to get where you want to be
- Support you to look for work and to prepare for interviews
- Help you access services that can remove the barriers that are stopping you move into work
- Help with childcare solutions
- Arrange work placements
- Help source employment opportunities that have working hours that fit with your parental responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support when you need it
We particularly want to support parents who meet one of the below:
- Lone Parent.
- Under 25 years of age.
- From an ethnic minority background.
- Is disabled or has a family member who is disabled.
- Has 3 or more children.
- Has a youngest child under 1 year old.
To make that first step, please just get in touch with us on:
Phone: 01475 715591 (office hours Monday – Friday)