Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

Housing Benefit

More information

You can claim Housing Benefit from Inverclyde Council to help with your rent if you live in supported accommodation or if you and your partner, if you have one is pension age.  

If you intend making a new claim for help towards your rent and you or your partner is working age, you must claim through Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).  You will find a link to the DWP website within External Links section of this page. For help available in Inverclyde with Universal Credit see “Related links”.

You can find out more in “Help with Housing Costs for Mixed Age couples” in the “Documents” section of this page.

If you currently get Housing Benefit, you should carry on claiming this as normal. You’ll be told as soon as you need to do anything differently.


Back to Top of page