Greenock Town Centre Regeneration Forum
The Greenock Town Centre Regeneration Forum (GTCRF) will highlight key areas within Greenock Town Centre that are appropriate for regeneration. A main focus of the Forum’s activity is to identify and suggest future investments for Greenock Town Centre.
The Greenock TCRF will focus attention on supporting Inverclyde Council Officers with sourcing external funding to enable priority projects to be implemented.
The Greenock TCRF will not be a decision-making body, but will provide recommendations to the Environment and Regeneration Committee of Inverclyde Council (IC) for its consideration.
Greenock Town Centre is one of the main areas of retail activity in Inverclyde and the plans and policies of Inverclyde Council strive to safeguard, enhance, and develop it as a major shopping, office administrative and cultural centre of the area. In the current difficult retail trading conditions, the TCRF will work with IC officers; concentrating on the major Regeneration projects were possible, as well as additional projects from external funders.
The primary objectives of the GTCRF should be to:-
- Work with IC in the development of a Housing and Retail regeneration strategy for Greenock Town Centre;
- Support IC to source external funding to enable priority projects to be implemented and help to identify future projects and funding streams; for the continued viability of the Greenock Town Centre.
The Greenock TCRF should seek to promote, support and advocate for:-
- Ongoing Regeneration;
- Ongoing Investment;
- Improving the Town Centre Offer – Boosting Enterprise and New Business and;
- To work collaboratively for the improvement and enhancement of Greenock.
Members will include representatives from Inverclyde Council, Business Community, Community Council(s) and local Elected Members of Greenock Town Centre.
The Greenock TCRF will consist of the following members:-
- Elected TC Ward Members and one Member will take on the role of Chair;
- Community Council and Residents Action Group Representatives;
- Federation of Small Businesses;
- Chamber of Commerce;
- River Clyde Homes;
- Police Scotland;
- Tourist Group;
- Traders Representative e.g. Oak Mall, Stewart Centre, West Blackhall Street and;
- Relevant Project Specific Inverclyde Council Officers and IC Regeneration Manager and or Director Environment & Regeneration.