Inverclyde Archives

More information

Inverclyde Archives is the Institutional Repository for Inverclyde Council and has a collection which spans over 300 years of local history. We collect and preserve the historic records of Inverclyde and its people which include the villages of Wemyss Bay, Kilmacolm, Inverkip and Quarrier's Village and the former historic Burghs of Greenock, Gourock and Port Glasgow and those relating to Inverclyde after local government re-organisation and boundary changes.

 

As well as local government records, we hold material from local clubs and societies, businesses and organisations, family papers, police records, parish council records, title deeds and sasines, maps, plans and images. We also hold bound copies of the Greenock Telegraph from its inception up to the present day along with other local newspapers and journal publications.

 

Lady's Ticket for the Opening of James Watt Dock
Lady's Ticket for the Opening of James Watt Dock, 5th August 1886.

 

Back to Top of page