Inverclyde Community Justice Partnership
Inverclyde Community Justice Partnership vision is “Improving Lives, Strengthening Communities”.
The definition of community justice is:
“The collection of individuals, agencies and services that work together to support, manage and supervise people who have committed offences, from the point of arrest, through prosecution, community disposal or custody and alternatives to these, until they are reintegrated into the community. Local communities and the Third Sector are a vital part of this process which aims to prevent and reduce further offending and the harm that it causes, to promote desistance, social inclusion, and citizenship.”
National Strategy for Community Justice, (2016)
The seven national Community Justice Outcomes are:
- Communities improve their understanding and participate in community justice.
- Partners plan and deliver services in a more strategic and collaborative way.
- People have better access to the services they require, including welfare, health and wellbeing, housing and employability.
- Effective interventions are delivered to prevent and reduce the risk of further offending.
- Life chances are improved through needs, including health, welfare, housing and safety being addressed.
- People develop positive relationships and more opportunities to participate and contribute through education, employment and leisure activities.
- Individual’s resilience and capacity for change and self-management are enhanced.
The Inverclyde Community Justice Partner organisations are:
- Inverclyde Health & Social Care Partnership
- Inverclyde Council
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Action for Children
- Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service
- Scottish Prison Service
- Turning Point Scotland
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Courts & Tribunal Service
- Skills Development Scotland
- CVS Inverclyde
Please click on the inks in the Documents section on the right hand side to read the Inverclyde Community Justice Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2022 and related documents.
We also produce a Commuity Justice Annual Report that outlines our progress and achievements. You can also find this in the Documents section.
Following the publication of the Inverclyde Local Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2022; Inverclyde Community Justice Partnership consider that in view of the continuity of the governance arrangements and that there remains a “close fit” with the local priorities; it is unnecessary to revise the Inverclyde Community Justice Partnership Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2022 at this point.