Contacting the council
Council customer service centre
The council’s customer services centre is closed to customers but is still contactable by phone 9am – 3pm (Monday to Friday)
A telephone service will still be provided but we would ask customers to be patient while waiting for your call to be answered.
The services affected and alternative methods of contact are listed below:
Cash desk payments
Alternative ways you can pay:
- ‘Pay it Online’ section of our website: https://www.inverclyde.gov.uk/pay-it-online
- The Automated Telephone Payment Line 0845 309 6062
- At a Post Office or PayPoint (please check that they are open and still accepting payments)
- Call us on 01475 712590 during normal business hours.
- Send a cheque to Inverclyde Council, P O Box 9467, Greenock, PA15 1JD (please put your reference or invoice number on the reverse).
Revenues and benefits interviews (including the submission and collection of forms)
Alternative methods of contact:
- Contact us on 01475 712961 during office hours or alternatively email your enquiry to email@example.com
- Completed forms and supporting evidence can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Contact us on 0800 013 1375 during office hours or alternatively email your enquiry to email@example.com
- Completed forms and supporting evidence can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Interviews (including the collection and submission of forms).
- Please email your enquiry to email@example.com
- Completed forms and supporting evidence can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following services are unaffected
- Collection of crisis grants (collection is by appointment only please do not attend before your appointment time).
- Business visitors by appointment only (Cold calling is prohibited).
- All telephony enquiries (while resources permit).
Registration of births, deaths and marriages
To support you and ensure you can comply with the stay at home rules in place, we have made these changes to our registration service:
- Death registrations are being conducted by telephone appointment only. Contact us on 01474 714250 or email email@example.com
- Birth registrations are suspended until further notice. Work is being carried out by the UK government to ensure that parents are not disadvantaged by the postponement of these
- Marriage or civil ceremonies are suspended until further notice.
The registration service will be moving to a seven day-a-week service.
Monday to Thursday - 9am - 4.30pm (lunch closure noon - 1pm)
Friday - 9am - 3.45pm (lunch closure noon - 1pm)
Saturday and Sunday - 10am - 1pm
Residents in need helpline
The new phone line aims to help people access provisions, support and advice.
Residents can call 01475 715275 to find out how to access food, how to get a prescription and how to get assistance with shopping and other services, for people who are not on the 'shielding' list.
The helpline will be open between 9am-7pm Monday-Saturday.
Page last updated: 30 April 2020