Validated Self Evaluation
Inverclyde Educational Psychology Service (IEPS) undertook a week of Validated Self Evaluation (VSE) in collaboration our partners and Education Scotland week beginning 27 April 2015.
Two national themes have been selected for all 32 educational psychology services for VSE, Learning and Teaching and Partnership Working. We focused on our development and evaluation of nurturing and solution oriented approaches respectively
The VSE Process
The service planned the VSE process in collaboration with Education Scotland and the following documents demonstrate how the service scoped and planned the focus for the week. The final report records the outcomes of the VSE process.
Firstly, the service completed a self-evaluation to the key outcomes achieved since the 2010 HMIE inspection (Appendix 3 Self-evaluation). The team then focused on an in-house scoping exercise to identify the range and substance of activity related to these areas before determining what areas within which to ‘take a closer look’
- Scoping exercise –the outcomes of this exercise are summarised in this document (Appendix 4).
- Summary of themes – these documents provide a rationale for the selection of nurturing and solution oriented approaches.
The following presentation was used at the start of the VSE week to provide a context around the VSE journey to date
- Presentation – from Principal Educational Psychologist to participants in the VSE process.
- Overarching framework – this document shows the structure of the two themes and the activities undertaken throughout the week.
- Timetable – timetable of activities for the VSE week
Outcome of the VSE
- IEPS Self Evaluation Report – Produced by IEPS