Deferred entry to school
If your child has not had their 5th birthday before they are due to start Primary School, you can defer your child's entry to Primary School by a year.
You will have to complete a deferred entry application form which is avialable at all Primary Schools in Inverclyde.
If your child is deferring entry to school for a year, you can:
- automatically get an extra year of early learning and childcare funding if their 5th birthday is in the period 1 January to the end of February (inclusive);
- apply to the council and request an extra year of early learning and childcare funding if their 5th birthday is in the period from the start of the new school year in August to 31 December (inclusive) - the council will decide if your child will get an extra year of funding.
How to apply
If you wish to have an additional year at nursery, you should:
- register your child at their catchment primary school and indicate you wish to defer your child to school.
- complete the deferred entry application Form 1A for January / February birthdays or Form 1B for August to December birthdays
- submit form before the 1st February to Customer Service Centre, Municipal Buildings, Greenock, PA15 1LY