A special way to celebrate the memory of a relative or friend is to have a bench with an engraved memorial plaque placed at a favourite spot within a park or public open space.
For awareness, there are currently no spaces available at the following locations;
- Battery Park
- Shore Street
- Walled Garden
- Ashton Promenade
- Cloch Road
You can purchase a memorial bench from Inverclyde Council. To apply, please refer to the link provided where you can download and print a Memorial Bench Placement Request Form.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- The bench must be purchased through Inverclyde Council and be an approved type (refer to the link to download bench details).
- Current price is £749.42 (This price includes an inscribed memorial plaque, installation and VAT).
- The cost will be payable in advance once your placement request has been approved.
- The Council cannot guarantee that your bench will be placed at the location requested. If this is the case, an Officer will contact you to discuss an alternative site.
- Once installed, the bench will become the property of Inverclyde Council and be available for use by the general public.
- Maintenance, as considered appropriate, will be assessed and carried out by Inverclyde Council.
- If the bench is vandalised or damaged beyond economical repair, it will be removed and disposed of at the discretion of the Council.
- Inverclyde Council will not be responsible for replacement of the damaged bench. You will be notified of the removal at your last known address.
- We kindly request that no floral tributes be placed on memorial benches; this restricts their use for other members of the public who may wish to sit and enjoy the views.
If you would like to proceed please complete the Memorial Bench Placement Form and return it to:
Unit 1, Ingleston Park
For further information, please contact 01475 714765
There is also now an opportunity to have a memorial plaque placed on a memorial bench within Port Glasgow, Kilmacolm or Knocknairshill Cemeteries or in the Garden of Remembrance at Greenock Crematorium. The plaques are available on a 10 year lease basis.
For further information please contact the Burial Grounds Office on 01475 715658.
Alternatively you can write to:
1 South Street,