Inverclyde Mental Health Inpatient Services
Based on the mental health care pathways, the purpose of the mental health inpatient service is to provide 24 hour nursing and medical care to adults with a mental disorder.
The service provides a range of inpatient facilities including:
- Langhill Clinic - Acute Admissions Unit: A 20 bed acute psychiatric assessment unit for adults with functional mental disorder. The primary function of this unit is to provide immediate emergency care and treatment and acute mental health care.
- Langhill Clinic - Intensive Psychiatric Care Unit: An 8 bed inpatient facility providing intensive psychiatric nursing and medical care. This facility covers both the Renfrewshire and Inverclyde catchment population and provides care for patients requiring intensive support with a secure environment.
- Langhill Clinic - Out Patient Service: A 15 place day attendance program for adults with mental disorder requiring frequent contact and support, but not 24 hour care.
- Larkfield Unit - Ward 4: A 20 bed unit for patients with organic and functional mental disorders who require specialist psycho geriatric nursing and medical care. The primary function of this unit is to provide immediate emergency care and treatment and acute mental health care.
- Orchard View - Oak Ward: A 12 bed ward for patients with a functional mental illness who require prolonged, 24 hour, nursing and medical care as defined in the NHS Hospital Based Complex Care Guidance.
- Orchard View - Willow Ward: A 30 bed ward for adults with organic mental disorders such as dementia, who require prolonged, 24 hour, nursing and medical care as defined in the NHS Hospital Based Complex Care Guidance.
All of the inpatient services have access to specialist mental health occupational therapy support, clinical psychology input and physiotherapy support.
Information is provided directly to service users who are admitted to the services by Consultant Psychiatrists via the appropriate Community Mental Health Service.