More information

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Please follow the link below for an update on temporary changes we are making to our services.

The Licensing Section is responsible for the day-to-day administration of various licensing schemes. These fall into two main categories:

  • Civic and miscellaneous licences and permits granted by Inverclyde Council
  • Liquor and Gaming licences and permits granted by Inverclyde Licensing Board

Other types of licences are dealt with by Environmental Health.  These include licences and registrations for the sale and storage of explosives, fireworks, petroleum, animal welfare premises (including animal boarding establishments such as kennels and catteries, dog breeders, horse riding establishments, pet shops and dangerous wild animals).

Back to Top of page