Information on sale of alcohol and application forms
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 was introduced on 1 September 2009. The main provisions of the Act include:
- All applications must be determined in accordance with the licensing objectives stated in the Act
- Premises are provided with one licence - "Premises Licence" and no longer categorised by type e.g. Public House, Hotel, Restaurant.
- Premises Licences require to include an “operating plan” giving details of how the premises will operate
- Persons authorising or supervising the sale of alcohol require to have a “Personal Licence”
- The Licensing Board will publish “policy statements” on issues such as licensing hours
You can contact the Licensing Section on the details provided on the left hand side.