Application forms, information and guidance for the sale of alcohol.
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 was introduced on 1 September 2009. The main provisions of the Act include:
- All applications must be determined in accordance with the licensing objectives stated in the Act
- Premises are provided with one licence - "Premises Licence" and no longer categorised by type e.g. Public House, Hotel, Restaurant.
- Premises Licences require to include an “operating plan” giving details of how the premises will operate
- Persons authorising or supervising the sale of alcohol require to have a “Personal Licence”
- The Licensing Board will publish “policy statements” on issues such as licensing hours
You can contact the Licensing Section on the details provided on the left hand side.
Page last updated: 24 January 2019