Reading groups are a great way to discover new books and authors. Get together with like-minded people in a relaxed and comfortable setting and exchange ideas over a cuppa. Research conducted by the Reading Agency shows that belonging to a reading group helps people relax, combats isolation, improves self-esteem and social interaction and evokes well-being as well as being great fun.
Inverclyde Libraries normally runs five Book Groups, which meet online and at Central, Gourock and Port Glasgow libraries:
· Online book group, monthly on a Wednesday, 2pm-3pm.
· Tea Time Book Group, 2nd Monday of the month, 5pm-6.30pm, Central library.
· Central Bookchat, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10.00am-11.00am, Central library.
· Gourock Bookchat, last Thursday of the month, 1pm-3pm, Gourock library.
· Port Glasgow Bookchat, first Thursday of the month, 11am-12noon, Port Glasgow library.
Our Book Group collection of multiple copy fiction and non-fiction titles is available to view as an attachment on this page (see Documents). There are between 6 and 12 copies per set and some titles are also available in eBook, eAudio, large print or audio book format.
Our Book Group Collection is regularly reviewed and updated with input from book group members.
All our groups are free to join so if you would like to come along to one of our groups, or start a reading group in your area, contact Central Library on 01475 712323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org