School lunch in primary school
Free School Lunches For All P1-P3 Pupils
From the start of term on 5th January 2015, all P1-P3 pupils in Scotland are able to access Free School Meals. There is no need to fill out any paperwork, all P1-P3 pupils are automatically eligible. If you have any questions about this development, please contact your school.
Primary School Lunches
The cost of the school lunch is £2.00 for session 2017/2018.
This will include a soup and a main meal or a main meal and a dessert. Either hot vegetables, salad or a portion of fruit is included with the price or each meal along with a drink.
- A choice of plain and flavoured semi-skimmed milk
- Bottled water
- Aqua drinks, 50% fruit juice and natural mineral water
- Fresh drinking water available daily, at no charge
Every day items
- A selection of fresh fruit
- Hot vegetables
- Free bread
- Homebaking available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- We use reduced sugar and salt beans
- Our beef burgers are especially formulated so they are reduced in fat and salt
- The fish fingers, salmon nibbles and chicken burgers that we use are all coated in non fried crumbs
- Our suppliers cannot guarantee their products are 100% nut free
- Vegetarian options can be made available on request. However notice must be given first thing in the morning and may be limited choice
- All items on the menu are subject to availability. Changes to the menu may occur throughout the year, for example Theme Days and for unavoidable problems with deliveries.
- Wherever possible we will do our best to meet special dietary requests. These have to be made through a dietitian. If any further information is required please use feedback link http://tinyurl.com/p8nkhh6
We hope your child continues to enjoy their school lunch and would like to thank you for your continued support in sending your child for a school lunch.
Our menus comply with the requirements of The Schools (Health Promotion & Nutrition) (Scotland) Act 2007.
Page last updated: 3 July 2017