Pottery Street recycling centre
As of 1 October 2021, the recycling centres will move to winter opening hours of 8am to 6pm seven days a week.
Pottery Street recycling centre enables residents to dispose of mixed recyclates, garden waste, wood, cardboard, glass, plastics, textiles, electrical items, fridges and washing machines, soil, rubble, oils, paint and general household waste.
Pottery Street Recycling Centre (Cars and Vans)
|Regular opening hours:|
|April - September||October - March|
|Mon-Fri 8am - 8.30pm||Mon-Sun 8am - 6pm|
|Sat-Sun 8am - 7.30pm|
Last entry is 15 minutes prior to closing time.
From Monday 5 October 2020, Inverclyde Council will operate a booking procedure for vans and trailers bringing household waste to the Pottery Street Recycling Centre. Please see Documents section for details.
Please adhere to the guidelines below, follow the on-site signage and instructions given by our staff.
• Waste should be organised before travelling to the recycling centre in order to minimise time on site – please ensure cardboard is packed flat.
• Parking will be restricted within the recycling centre however, a further 3 cars can queue within the centre.
• Traffic management may be in place on the A8 to help the flow of visitors to the site.
• 2m social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
• Recycling centre staff will be unable to assist members of the public with moving waste on site.
• Only the driver and one passenger will be allowed to exit the vehicle once on site.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.