Pottery Street recycling centre to reopen on Monday 1 June
We are working hard to get our recycling services back to normal and to get our household waste recycling centres open again, thank you for patience during this national health crisis. Subject to permission being granted by the Scottish government, Pottery Street household waste recycling centre will reopen on Monday 1 June with some important restrictions in place.
We would remind residents that the first few days may be the busiest, so to prevent large queues forming only visit the site if it is absolutely necessary during the first week.
Pottery Street opening days will be Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun – it will be closed on a Wednesday.
The Pottery Street opening hours are 8am to 7pm
Vans will only be permitted to use the site mid-week – Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri – and only to dispose of household waste
Please adhere to these guidelines, follow the on-site signage and instructions given by our staff at all times.
• Residents will be able to dispose of general household waste, garden waste, wood and cardboard only at this time. There is no facility for glass at this time.
• Waste should be organised before travelling to the recycling centre in order to minimise time on site – please ensure cardboard is packed flat.
• Parking will restricted to 3 bays within the recycling centre however a further 3 cars can queue within the centre
• Traffic management will be in place on the A8 to help the flow of visitors to the site
• 2m social distancing must be adhered to at all times
• Recycling centre staff will be unable to assist members of the public with moving waste on site
• No vehicles will be allowed to bring a trailer on site
• Only the driver and one passenger will be allowed to exit the vehicle once on site
Thank you again for your understanding and patience at this time.
Please note that the Kirn Drive household waste recycling centre is planned to reopen in approximately 2 weeks’ time on Monday 15 June.
Page last updated: 27 May 2020