How can I see what personal data of mine that the council holds?

The Data Protection Legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018)  gives you a general right of access to personal data that relates to you.  This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR).  Subject Access requests must be made in writing. You must provide proof that you are the individual who the information relates to (known as data subject). You may be asked for further information to locate the data requested.  Sometimes we received SARs directly from the people whose records we hold, or perhaps from a solicitor or the Police.  We only release information if it is legal to do so under the terms of the Data Protection Legislation

You can make a Subject Access Request in a number of ways.  You can write to the Council, listed under contacts on this page, visit any of our offices where your request will be noted and passed on, email or you can complete a Data Subject Access Request Form using the guidance via the links provided.

Related topics:

Page last updated: 5 March 2020