Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE) is a personalised and challenging programme of activities that will help you get fitter, learn new skills, help others, experience adventure, meet new people and give you a great sense of achievement.
- Non-competitive, a personal challenge, not a competition
- Available to all, anyone can do it
- Voluntary, its up to you
- About personal development, it is taking part that matters
- Personalised, your programme is designed by you
- Balanced, it will stretch you in all directions
- Progressive, you improve at your own pace
- Achievement focused, you set your own goals to show improvements
- Demands commitments, it a marathon not a sprint
- Enjoyable and fun
The Award involves three progressive levels:
Each level contains four sections:
At Gold level, you will also be required to take part in a 5 day long residential project away from home.
The DofE Award is open to all 14-24 year olds:
- Bronze Award – 14 years and over
- Silver Award – 15 years and over
- Gold Award – 16 years and over
DofE is available through most secondary schools in Inverclyde, open DofE groups in your local community, Youth Clubs and a variety of organisations in the area.