Kerbside food waste recycling
The majority of residents who recycle from the kerbside, using their blue bins, have a kitchen caddy, a green outdoor storage container and a supply of sacks.
The food waste collection service allows you to recycle all types of leftover or unwanted food including:
- all dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt
- eggs, raw and cooked, including shells
- fish, raw and cooked, including bones
- fruit and vegetables, including peelings
- meat, raw and cooked, including bones
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice, pasta and beans
- tea bags and coffee grounds.
Out of date food still in packaging can also be deposited in your outdoor container.
Additional outdoor containers are available free of charge to residents who produce a lot of food waste and these can be ordered by following the link to the Request bins/sacks form.
A supply of food waste sacks can be requested by tying an unused sack to the handle of your outdoor food waste container. The collection crew will leave a new roll of sacks.
Please do not put glass, cans or plastic bottles in your food waste container.
Please place your outdoor container on the kerbside by 7am your collection day.