Speech & Language Therapy
The Speech & Language Therapy Service provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment for children with communication and language difficulties.
Within Inverclyde our Speech & Language Therapists work in health centres, nurseries, schools and homes.
The Speech & Language Therapists offer training, advice and guidance for parents, carers, guardians, staff and other professionals as required.
We operate an open referral system.
Speech & Language Therapy are also part of a variety of ongoing multi-disciplinary teams and projects in our area e.g.:
- Weaning Fayres
- Neonatal Neurodevelopmental Clinic
- NAS Earlybird and Earlybird+ Programmes
- ASD Diagnostic Service
Speech & Language Therapy can help those with difficulties in the following areas;
- Early communication skills and play
- Listening and attention skills
- Understanding of language
- Spoken language – speech, grammar and fluency
- Feeding and Swallowing difficulties
- Social Interaction difficulties (including Autism Spectrum Disorder)